About:

My two Etsy shops, Furniture Alchemy and Alchemy Home Decor are inspired by vintage, rustic tones with a modern twist. I love creating one-of-a-kind accents for the home, and dabble in a little bit of everything DIY!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

What Color is that?! Vol. 1

Greek Blue! 

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint "Greek Blue" is a very specific color, in my opinion. It is absolutely gorgeous, but it is just as the name describes; truly reminiscent of those gorgeous blue Greek rooftops:





You can read the official description of the color here on the Annie Sloan website
  

I've used it only on a few pieces; sparingly in the first piece, layered under "Louis Blue" on the top of this little end table, with the bottom in French Linen


Then, I used it not so sparingly on a custom ordered china cabinet in Greek Blue with the inside in Country Grey:


I love those two pieces, I mean, look at that china cabinet! But I really wanted to do a piece that felt true to the color.  I recently found this little piece in a thrift store that I frequent:




 And at that same thrift store, I saw a large collection of those gorgeous vintage blue and white ceramic vases, kind of like these:
Photo Credit: http://www.amandacarolathome.com/2012/01/dining-room-for-spring.html

So I used those vases for a little inspiration, and once I painted the top of it in the Greek blue, I knew how I wanted it to look. I used "Old White" on the base of the piece, some light distressing, and did a scroll pattern and damask stenciling pattern on the cabinet panels and drawers. Here's how it turned out:













So...with all of that being said, I'm in love with Greek Blue!

What color would you like to see featured in the next blog post?







4 comments:

  1. The above range of furniture seems to be real inspiring and great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furniture designs in this post are amazing. Work is appreciable in which coating and painting is shown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, thank you for this great post! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dining table should be the focal point of the room - it ought to be in a central position, then make it stand out by putting a rug that contrasts with the flooring underneath. dining table

    ReplyDelete

Furniture Alchemy on Etsy!