About:

My two Etsy shops, Furniture Alchemy and Alchemy Home Decor are inspired by vintage, rustic tones with a modern twist. I love creating one-of-a-kind accents for the home, and dabble in a little bit of everything DIY!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

It's been a year! and "What Color Is That?!" Vol. 2

Ok...so I'm a week late on this post, but I have to commemorate that it's been a whole year since I started my Etsy shop!!
I "opened" for business October 19, 2012, and made my first Etsy sale by Oct. 20th with this little cabinet:
What started as a fun hobby, and a way to fill my time while Sam was deployed, has turned into a second full time job (but still very fun!), and I'm excited to say that hopefully by this time next year I'll be doing Furniture Alchemy full time:-)  We're still working out the details, and it's not 100% by any means at this point, but things are looking promising, and I'm excited about new possibilities!

Now that that's out of the way, here's a quick "episode" of "What color is that?!" Volume 2!
If you recall way back in August I did the first volume of this series, on Annie Sloan Greek Blue:
http://www.furniturealchemy.blogspot.com/2013/08/what-color-is-that-vol-1.html

Today, we're still in the blue family, but a much different color, Annie Sloan "Aubusson Blue"!
 In person, it comes out as a rich grey-ish, almost teal like, navy....one of my newest favorite colors in her line of Chalk Paints! It is particularly nice with a glaze or dark wax finish, and really creates depth to the color.

Here's a few pieces I've done this year in Aubusson Blue:
This was the first time I used the color, and paired with a silver wax, it is gorgeous!
Next, I used it on this antique secretary, and slightly lightened the color with some "Old White" for the stencil on the inside
On this bar cabinet with a dark glaze, it turned out more of a true Navy, very classic color!
Finally, here's Snickers and Luna wishing everyone a very scary Halloween!

**They had a little trouble decide who should wear which costume :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Furniture Alchemy on Etsy!