About:

My two Etsy shops, Furniture Alchemy and Alchemy Home Decor are inspired by vintage, rustic tones with a modern twist. I love creating one-of-a-kind accents for the home, and dabble in a little bit of everything DIY!

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Journey to an Inspiring Workspace (Part 3): The Reveal!

I've had so much fun over the past couple of weeks with my studio makeover; taking the time to make thoughtful choices about the functionality of pieces, organization and storage, and overall design aesthetic was something that I've really enjoyed.  Now it's time for the final reveal! My studio isn't 100% complete, there are still a few missing pieces, but it's close enough.  I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking in this post and show you guys what it looks like now! 

*Remember, you can go back and catch up on the "before" posts in Part 1 and Part 2 of this series!*


My favorite area- My drafting desk is amazing, so much space to create!

The Emerson Bookshelf from World Market provided a place for all of my fabric, paint, tools, and supplies!.

I purchased all of my storage baskets and bins from Home Goods (along with the adorable curtain panel), and labeled each bin so that I would know what's inside without having to dig around.


My fold-up sewing desk fits perfectly between the closet and entry door, which turned out to be a great way to maximize space.


I made full use of my closet by hanging all of my large stencils inside, using a plastic drawer storage and metal shelf to hold all of my shipping supplies and mugs, and organized the top to hold plastic bins of craft supplies and "ready to go" items from my Etsy shop.


I've left the other half of the room open, giving me a full 10 feet of wall space to paint furniture and work on anything larger!

So, what do you guys think? I've come a long way from the chaos of my studio in my old place!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Furniture Alchemy on Etsy!