About:

My two Etsy shops, Furniture Alchemy and Alchemy Home Decor are inspired by vintage, rustic tones with a modern twist. I love creating one-of-a-kind accents for the home, and dabble in a little bit of everything DIY!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Flea Market Bust and the Holy Grail

Since its summer, and I've been able to work on pieces during the week a lot more, Saturday mornings has now become "picking time"... My favorite time to go out to flea markets, estate sales, and thrift stores to sift through items!
My fiancee, who is officially part of Furniture Alchemy now (I think I've converted him!) were looking around for flea markets to go to yesterday, and decided to go to the Gaithersburg fairgrounds flea market.  Gaithersburg is quite a hike from Alexandria, but we decided to check it out!

It was definitely a bust. There were maybe 12 vendors, selling mostly baby clothes, socks,  and electronics, not quite what we were looking for.
There was a bright spot, however, I did find this vintage Lemonade clock and have it on sale now in my Etsy shop!

10 minutes later, we were over the Gaithersburg flea market, so we decided to hit up the Habitat for Humanity Resale shop nearby.  There's one in Alexandria, and I've found a few things there, but its always really picked over and kind of hit or miss, but thought we'd check this one out anyway.
This was NOT the case in Gaithersburg! It was like finding the Holy Grail of resale shops! Jammed full of so many items that my poor little eyes could barely take it all in :-)

I got these really Spanish ship bookends:
 
and this darling French Provincial vanity:





So, for today's math lesson:  Bookends + Vanity =  
one happy Sheila!

In other news, I was featured on Furniture Flippin' last week!You can check out the post here, and leave some love: http://furnitureflippin.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-chest-no-less.html

Furniture Flippin  

1 comment:

Furniture Alchemy on Etsy!