About:

My two Etsy shops, Furniture Alchemy and Alchemy Home Decor are inspired by vintage, rustic tones with a modern twist. I love creating one-of-a-kind accents for the home, and dabble in a little bit of everything DIY!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Flowers in a Mason Jar

Whenever I go on my weekly thrift store rounds, I always look around for old jars.  Since Annie Sloan Chalk Paint can be mixed to create custom colors, I like to use old Mason jars to mix and store the paint.
Last week I came across a gorgeous old blue Mason jar, and bought it for $2.00!
 I felt like it was just too pretty to for painting, so I stopped at Safeway and bought a $8.00 bouquet of flowers to go in it.
Using a Mason jar as a vase is definitely not a new idea, but it is a GREAT idea! In addition to having the flowers  sitting on my kitchen counter, I've also used it for a staging for all of my latest pictures.
I have some "go to" props I love to use for photo staging, they are all things that I've found around my house or at thrift stores. My favorites are a straw fedora (swiped from my fiancee, who never gets to wear it anymore because I don't want it to get lost!), vintage bicycle bookends, a crate found at a thrift store that I'm now using for an end table in my living room, and this tiny decorative tobacco stick ladder I bought for $3.00 from a colleague at work!
I'm considering keeping this French Linen secretary...as if I need more furniture :-)
I used the flowers here on my vintage crate end table..I also really want to keep this chair ;-)
Finally, on this French Provincial vanity, they add a classic touch. Although I also wanted to keep this vanity, it has already sold and I'm shipping it out this week to NYC

In other shameless Furniture Alchemy news, you can sign up for my bi-monthly newsletter here! I have a new email coming out this week that will feature some of my favorite blogs around the web, trending items on Etsy, as well as information on some pieces that I have!


Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Furniture Alchemy on Etsy!